1. Hill station: India has many beautiful hill stations that offer cool respite from the summer heat. Popular hill stations to visit in summer include Shimla, Manali, Darjeeling, Ooty, Munnar and Nainital.
2. Beaches: India has a long coastline and many beautiful beaches. Popular beach destinations to visit in summer include Goa, Puri, Kovalam and Varkala.
3. Nature Reserves: Summer is a great time to go on a wild safari in India. Some popular wildlife sanctuaries to visit in summer include Jim Corbett National Park, Bandhavgarh National Park, Kanha National Park and Ranthambore National Park.
4. Ladakh: Ladakh is a unique destination that offers stunning landscapes, ancient monasteries and rich culture. Although it can get chilly at night, the days are generally warm and pleasant.
5. Rajasthan: Rajasthan is a state in western India which is known for its vibrant culture, palaces and forts. Although it can be hot in the summer, many cities have indoor attractions and the evenings can be cooler.
6. Kashmir: Kashmir is known as “paradise on earth” and offers amazing natural beauty including lakes, mountains and gardens. Summer is a great time to visit, with warm temperatures and clear skies.
7. Coorg: Coorg, also known as Kodagu, is a hill station in the southern state of Karnataka. It is known for its coffee plantations, lush greenery and cool weather.
8. Andaman and Nicobar Islands: The Andaman and Nicobar Islands are a group of islands in the Bay of Bengal that offer pristine beaches, clear waters and abundant marine life. It is a great destination for water sports and adventure activities.
9. Kerala: Kerala is a state in South India which is famous for its backwaters, beaches and hill stations. The state is also known for its Ayurvedic treatments and spa resorts.
10. Meghalaya: Meghalaya is a state in Northeast India that is known for its natural beauty and unique culture. It is home to the wettest place on earth, Cherrapunjee, and has many waterfalls, caves and hiking trails.
11. Uttarakhand: Uttarakhand is a state in North India which is known for its Himalayan landscape, ancient temples and adventure activities. The famous hill station of Mussoorie is located here as well as many trekking routes and rafting destinations.
12. Pondicherry: Pondicherry, also known as Puducherry, is a union territory on the east coast of India. It has a rich history and culture with a mixture of French and Indian influences. It is also known for its beaches and yoga retreats.