HomeSportsT20 World Cup Final: Rohit Sharma May Skip Barbados if India Loses,...

T20 World Cup Final: Rohit Sharma May Skip Barbados if India Loses, Says Sourav Ganguly

The Indian cricket team will play their second World Cup final in eight months when they host South Africa in Barbados in the summit clash of the ongoing T20 mega event on Saturday. India lost to Australia in November 1923 with an unbeaten record in the final of the Cricket World Cup 2023. Now, the team will have another chance to end the long ICC drought when they face the Proteas in the final of the T20 World Cup 2024.

Former Indian captain Sourav Ganguly said that if India loses in the upcoming finals as well, Rohit may jump into the sea of ​​Barbados.

Ganguly Says “He has played in two World Cup finals, finished the last undefeated. This speaks volumes about the captain and leadership qualities and I am not surprised because he was the captain when I was the BCCI president and Virat did not want to be the captain”.

Ganguly said that winning the IPL title can sometimes be more difficult due to the length of the tournament “He took a long time to become captain because he was not ready to be captain. It took a lot of motivation from all of us to make him captain and I am happy to see Indian cricket develop under him.”.

“Rohit has the record of winning five IPL titles, which is a huge achievement. IPL is sometimes more difficult to win. Don’t get me wrong, I am not saying IPL is better than international cricket.

“But to win the IPL, you have to win 16-17 (12-13) games; here, you have to win 8-9 games to win the World Cup. It’s more important than winning the World Cup, and I hope. Rohit did something the same.

“I don’t think he can lose two World Cup finals in seven (six) months. If he loses two finals under his captaincy in seven months, Barbados can jump into the ocean. He has led the team from the front, he has batted brilliantly, I hope it continues tomorrow, India is on the right side.” will end and they must play freely.

“This is the best part of the tournament. I wish them luck, I wish them to win. I hope they have some success tomorrow because they have to win this big tournament,” said Ganguly.

Read Now:Iceland’s Ongoing Volcanic Eruptions Pose Long Term Threats, Researchers Warn

[responsivevoice_button buttontext="Listen This Post" voice="Hindi Female"]

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

RELATED ARTICLES

Trending News

Luv Sinha Reveals Absence at Sister Sonakshi Sinha’s Wedding Due to Disagreements

Actor Sonakshi Sinha's brother, Luv Sinha, has finally broken his silence on why he was absent from her wedding...

Elon Musk Accuses Vice President Kamala Harris of Spreading Misinformation on Abortion Stance

02 July 2024, Elon Musk CEO of Tesla and founder of SpaceX, has openly criticized US Vice President Kamala...

Indian-American Businessman Sentenced to 7.5 Years for $1 Billion Fraud Scheme

02 July 2024, An Indian-American businessman, Rishi Shah, the former billionaire cofounder of Outcome Health, has been sentenced to...

Steve Ballmer Overtakes Bill Gates as Sixth-Richest Person in the World

02 July 2024, In a significant milestone, Steve Ballmer surpassed Bill Gates on Monday to become the sixth-richest person...